Jay focuses on DWI defense and criminal defense and is based out of Godwin Dold’s Rochester, Minnesota office. Jay uses a deep knowledge of the science of alcohol testing and of the law to get the best possible result for each and every client charged with DWI.
Jay grew up in Rochester, Minnesota, attending Rochester public schools and graduating from Mayo High School. Jay graduated with a bachelor’s of science from St. Cloud State University before receiving his law degree from the University of St. Thomas Law School. During law school, Jay worked as a certified student attorney for the Olmsted County Attorney’s Office, giving him valuable insight into the mindset of his courtroom opponents.
Before joining Godwin Dold, Jay worked for private law firms in the Twin Cities, where he also concentrated on DWI and criminal defense and appeals.
- DUI/DWI Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Criminal Appeals
- Criminal Forfeiture
- Criminal Expungement
- Criminal Investigations
- Driver’s License Defense (Implied Consent)
- Orders for Protection/Harassment Restraining Orders
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Dedicated to Litigation
- Minnesota Supreme Court (2014)
- University of St. Thomas Law School (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- St. Cloud State University (St. Cloud, Minnesota)
- Bachelor of Science (2009)
- Major in Communication and Media Studies
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Member, 2014-Present)
- Olmsted County Bar Association (Member, 2016-Present)
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Member, 2017-Present)